I just love sliders and these are especially good. These only took about 15 minute to assemble and they were delicious! My whole family loved them and asked for seconds. The cheesey beer sauce is so good with the sausage and garlicky buttery bread. They are perfect for a weeknight or a party.
12 white bread slider buns
14 ounces smoked sausage
1 tablespoon unsalted butter plus 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 cup pale lager (I used Rolling Rock beer)
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup yellow mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a 13 x 9 casserole dish, place the bottom halves of 12 slider buns.
3. Slice sausage into 36 slices and place 3 slices on each of the bottom halves of the buns.
4. In a medium sized pan, melt butter on the stovetop on medium heat.
5. Add flour to the butter and stir for 3 minutes.
6. Add beer slowly and stir until smooth.
7. Add cheese and salt. Heat until cheese has melted.
8. Pour cheese sauce over sausage.
9. Drizzle mustard on top of cheese sauce.
10. Add slider bun tops on top of mustard.
11. In a medium sized microwaveable bowl, add butter and microwave for 40 seconds on high or until melted.
12. Stir in garlic, onion, and parsley.
13. Pour butter mixture over tops of slider sandwiches with a spoon.
14. Cover dish with a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with non- stick spray.
15. Bake for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
Yield: serves 12