I really love grilled food. There is something amazing that happens when you put food into that metal box. This recipe really showcases that transformation with a lovely marinade and brush-on sauce. It is lovely on the grill but it is also very tasty baked in the oven. I am including directions for both cooking styles. I live in Texas so it is always nice to have a Plan A and a Plan B for the weather. We never know what we are going to get and the weatherman lets me down from time to time.
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup pink grapefruit marmalade (I used the Trader Joe’s brand pictured below)
1 cup ketchup
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
Directions for Grilling:
1. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a medium bowl.
2. In a gallon size storage bag add chicken and half of sauce. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator. Keep the other half of the sauce in the refrigerator too.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
3. Heat grill to approximately 400 to 450 degrees.
4. Grill each thigh for approximately 5 minutes on each side adding the other half of the sauce as a brush-on sauce. Check your chicken for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Directions for Baking:
1. Mix all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl. Add chicken. Marinate for 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spray a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place chicken in casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Broil on low for 8-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!