Yummy! That was the word that came to mind when I tried this pound cake. The mint and mango combination are such a change from my usual favorite, milk or semisweet chocolate. I love the mellow mango combined with the fresh mint. It’s fresh and fabulous.
This pound cake is especially delicious because it has sweetened condensed milk in it. Wowza! Did anyone else wait around for their mom to finish with the can so you could lick the inside? I know I did. It was a fun childhood memory but to be honest, not much has changed. I still lick the spoon and hope there’s still a little left in the can.
Now combine all that awesomeness with a white chocolate drizzle and some chopped walnuts and you have a real family pleaser. It is great by itself or with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature (1 stick)
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peeled and diced mango
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 cup white chocolate melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper. This will make it easy to lift your bread out of the pan. Spray bottom and sides with non-stick spray.
3. In a stand mixer, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
4. While mixing, add one egg at a time and then slowly add sweetened condensed milk.
5. Stir in mango and mint.
6. Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes until golden brown.
7. Drizzle with white chocolate and top with walnuts. Enjoy!