What a delightful flavor combination! The flavors of honey, butter, strawberry, and orange mix together to make my taste buds sing! Fresh bread from the oven is wonderful but when you combine fruit and butter with fresh bread something magical happens.
Creamed Honey and Butter Beer Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup creamed honey
2 cups pale lager (I used Rolling Rock beer)
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a stand mixer, combine first three dry ingredients.
3. Add honey, beer, and butter and mix until incorporated. Dough will be shaggy.
4. Divide dough into 7 mini loaf pans. Mine were paper so I didn’t use a non-stick spray. If using a metal pan, use non-stick spray before adding dough.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden brown on top.
6. Serve with Strawberry Orange Compound Butter. (recipe below)
Strawberry Orange Compound Butter
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
1. Mix ingredients together using a mixer or an immersion blender.
2. Place butter in plastic wrap and roll into a log shape.
3. Refrigerate for two hours.
4. Remove plastic wrap. Slice and enjoy on bread. Refrigerate leftovers.