Skillet desserts are all over the internet right now and why not? They are an easy, quick fix treat that can feed a whole family.
For this recipe, there are few ingredients and the dessert comes together quickly. I love the combination of chocolate and strawberries. It is a classic flavor pairing that still wows my taste buds.
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk ( I used 2 percent but whole milk would work too)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick or 8 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups cored and halved fresh strawberries
1/3 cup semisweet morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 10 3/4 inch oven safe skillet with non-stick cooking spray. You can can use a different size skillet like a 9 inch. Your cake will just be thicker with less surface area.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk flour and sugar.
4. Whisk in milk, butter, and vanilla.
5. Pour mixture into skillet.
6. Evenly distribute strawberries and chocolate on the batter’s surface.
7. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
8. Enjoy with whip cream or vanilla ice cream or by itself. Yummy!