This recipe is delightful for a weeknight or a weekend. My whole family of five loved this recipe and it was ready when I needed it. I popped it in the oven and went to pick up the kids from school. When I got back, our dinner was ready. That’s my kind of meal! Easy peasy and hardly any mess because you assemble it and marinate it in a gallon size plastic bag. When you are ready to cook it, you just dump it on a sheet pan. It’s great for a make ahead meal!
2 1/2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 cups fresh green beans trimmed
2 cups red potatoes cut into approximately 1 inch cubes
1. In a gallon sized plastic bag, add all of the ingredients.
2. Seal bag and turn bag to coat all ingredients and mix.
3. Marinate for at least two hours in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5 . Dump plastic bag ingredients onto an 11 x 7 inch baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Broil on low for 8 to 10 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: serves 6