Hello fellow foodies! I very excited to share my new recipe with you. It has been given 5 stars by my whole family and that’s hard to do. Each member has very different tastes so when everyone likes one of my recipes, I feel super happy!
Today, I will be sharing my recipe for Cheddar, Bacon, and Chive Muffins. This recipe is one of the very few that can be served at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are soft, savory and super flavorful. We topped ours with butter right after they came out of the the oven. My husband immediately exclaimed, “oh my gosh”. I thought something was terribly wrong. ( I have been known to substitute salt for sugar in recipes🤪) Nope, not this time. He just loved the muffins so much that he had to verbally share his love of these little babies.
These were easy to make and easy to bake. I could these being served alongside an omelette, a bowl of chili, or even a steak. They are super versatile and are a crowd pleaser.
Try them for your next get together or don’t tell anyone you made them and keep them all for yourself. I won’t tell on you.
Have a fun weekend!
2 cups all purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used medium)
6 slices fried and crumbled bacon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk to combine.
3. Add milk, eggs, and butter, whisk to incorporate.
4. Stir in cheese, bacon and chives.
5. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick baking spray. Pour batter into each well until they are 2/3 full.
6. Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Serve with butter and enjoy!