Hello fellow foodies! I had so much fun making my Double Chocolate Flourless Cookies the other day that I wanted to make some with some different flavors. I thought to myself, “what other powders do I have besides cocoa powder that would deliver a delicious flavor to a cookie”, my first thought was peanut butter powder. I just love peanut butter anything so this first choice seemed like a good one. I added dry roasted peanuts instead of chocolate chips (which would still be awesome) and added a drizzle made from jelly and powdered sugar. The peanuts added a fun crunch while the drizzle gave the cookies a lovely stripe of color. My kitchen scheming worked because these flourless cookies were delightful.
If you need something sweet without flour, these cookies are a win. The only thing that might be a little difficult is finding peanut butter powder but I have purchased it at Kroger and Walmart. you can also find it at Central Market or order it online at Amazon.
I hope you have a wonderful day and get some good baking in!
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup peanut butter powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large egg whites
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup jelly (your choice of flavor)
1 cup powdered sugar
Food coloring (if desired)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add powdered sugar, peanut butter powder, and salt. Mix on low until combined.
3. Add egg whites and vanilla and mix on low until ingredients have been incorporated and batter is glossy. Stir in peanuts.
4. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, add scoops of 2 tablespoons of batter 3 inches apart. These cookies will spread.
5. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes. Cool on the pan.
6. In a small microwaveable bowl, add jelly. Microwave on high for 30 seconds.
7. Stir in powdered sugar and food coloring (if desired). Drizzle on cooled cookies. Allow to solidify.
Yield: about 14 large cookies