Hi fellow foodies! It’s a cold day in Texas and a perfect day for some fresh, hot muffins straight from the oven. I don’t post enough muffin recipes on here and I realized that we need a good muffin recipe for a breakfast meal. They never go to waste at my house because my 5 year old loves muffins. He’s super picky about food in general but he loves all flavors of muffins, sweet or savory.
Today, I am sharing my delicious recipe for muffins flavored with apples and cinnamon and topping with a crunchy walnut and brown sugar topping. Oh drool! These bad boys are awesome sauce! Put a little pat of butter on these and bam! Kitchen magic happens!
These would be great with a cup of coffee or a big glass of chocolate milk. Either way, they are a great way to start your morning or afternoon (if you are a teenager). Try these on this holiday weekend; you won’t be disappointed.
Until next time!
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped and peeled apples
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped walnut pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray muffin pan with non-stick baking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix on low until combined.
3. Add milk, egg, and butter and mix on low until incorporated.
4. Stir in apple pieces.
5. Spoon mixture into the wells of a muffin pan filling 2/3 full.
6. In a small bowl, create topping by mixing 1/3 cup brown sugar with walnuts.
7. Sprinkle topping on top of the batter.
8. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 12 yummy muffins