Hello fellow foodies!
I am pleased to present day 12 of my 12 days of Christmas goodies with you. Of course, I’ll still be baking and sharing recipes but they may not all be holiday themed. Hopefully, you have found a recipe or two to share with your loved ones this year.
Today’s recipe is not actually the one I had intended to share but my sweet boy brought me my freshly decorated sugar cookies that were going to be part of a fancy themed cake. Alas, they slid into a jumble and all of the icing was wrecked. 😢 In my mind, this cake was going to be awesome! LOL We all like cookies and my little guy just wanted to ask for one.❤️ I love his sweet little heart.
As a result of our cookie catastrophe, I am sharing cookies that I made for my husband to take to work for his holiday party. They are peanut butter reindeer cookies. I started making these cute little guys ten years ago when I went to my first cookie exchange. They were a hit then and they still are today. Both of my teenage daughters begged for one last night. I snuck two out of the party batch and shared with my girls. They loved them!
I hope you have enjoyed my Christmas goodies! Thank you much for reading my blog and for all of your friendly support! Have a great evening!
1/2 cup salted butter room temperature
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Peanut M & Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar on low speed.
3. Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until incorporated.
4. In a separate medium bowl combine, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Add dry ingredients to stand mixer ingredients slowly while mixing on low.
6. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, add 1 tablespoon of cookie dough leaving 2 inches of space between each spoonful.
7. Gently press pretzels into each dough ball to resemble antlers.
8. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 7-9 minutes.
9. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, add 2 chocolate morsels for eyes and an M & M for a nose. Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!