Hi there, wonderful WordPress readers! Thank you for checking out my blog post today. I’m all about baking and cooking and I like to share my culinary adventures with you.
If you are just visiting my site for the first time, you have reached me on day 5 of my twelve days of Christmas goodies. If this isn’t your first time here, welcome back! Today, I am posting a recipe for Iced Lemon Pound Cake. I’m making this one for my friend who invited me to lunch tomorrow. I think she will really like this and I know she loves lemon pound cake.
One of the reasons I chose this recipe for one of my Christmas goodies is that Christmas time has a variety of memorable flavors besides chocolate and peppermint. I first had lemon pound cake at Christmas and it was glorious! I’m not even a big fan of lemons but this pound cake was insanely delicious.
I am recreating that memory for you today. I don’t have as many pictures as I usually do because my 4 year really wanted to go outside and I can’t turn down his big brown eyes. So, I had just enough time snap 2 pictures before I set the timer and placed it in the oven. We had a great time playing in the fallen leaves so I know we made the right choice.❤️
We came inside and I removed the cake from the oven. Oooh! It smelled lovely! I gave it some time to cool before I made the icing. It was definitely hard to wait but I wanted it to look amazing with smooth icing. I iced the cake and garnish with twist lemon slices and sprigs of mint. I loved the way it looked!
I hope you enjoyed this post and that you’ll be bake tomorrow for day 6 of my Christmas goodies.
Have a great evening!
1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar, eggs, and butter for bread. Mix on low until combined.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Gradually, add mixture to mixer while running on low to incorporate.
5. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice and mix on low until combined.
6. Use a spatula to pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
7. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes.
8. Allow cake to cool for 10 minutes and then turn out on a wire rack.
9. In a small bowl, create icing by stirring together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Add just enough milk to make the icing pourable. Use a spoon to add icing to cake. Allow to set. Optional: garnish with lemon slices. I also used sprigs of fresh mint. Slice and enjoy!