Howdy, fellow foodies! Here it is: day 2 of my Christmas goodies. Let me tell you this: I think I’m in love! This recipe is so wonderful and delicious that I had to exert all my willpower not eat the whole batch!
For today’s post, I made Holiday Candied Nuts that are flavored with vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon. They were easy to make and made the whole house smell yummy!
I spent the day decorating the house for Christmas and these savory sweet delights baked while I worked. Then, they came out of the oven and I have to admit, I made up excuses to dip into the kitchen for a handful. If you can keep from eating all of yours, these would make great food gifts. They will keep for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
In addition, you can make these treats low carb by subbing no calorie granulated sweetener for the brown sugar. Keep everything else the same and you have a tasty holiday treat. They are perfect for a diabetic friend!
I hope you guys give these a try because they are worth it!
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
1 pound mixed nuts (I used pecans, walnuts, and cashews)
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
3. In a stand mixer, mix egg white, water, and vanilla on low speed until frothy.
4. Add nuts and stir.
5. Add sugar, cinnamon, and salt and stir until nuts are coated.
6. Spread nuts onto parchment paper on the cookie sheet.
7. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
8. Cool and enjoy! Store in an airtight container.