Howdy from Texas! I hope you are having a great week. I’m just trying to get back in the swing of things after a long holiday weekend. Our family went to Arkansas and had a blast playing on 80 acres of beautiful farmland. It was so relaxing!
I also took some great photos of things that caught my eye:
You never know what you’ll find when you take a break for your normal routine. I hiked all over the area and I even found a civil war bullet!
The time that we spent in Arkansas was terrific and it really gave me the opportunity to consider new recipes and flavor combinations like these muffins. They have pears and walnuts in them and they are fairly low in carbs (about 6 net carbs per muffin). That’s a win in my book!
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups Zero Calorie Granulated Sweetener
1/2 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar free maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1 cup chopped pear (I used a Bartlett pear)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a stand mixer, cream together butter and sweetener. Add milk, syrup, and vanilla and mix until combined.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flours and baking powder and soda. Stir until combined.
4. Pour flour mixture into sugar mixture and run mixer on low until combined.
5. Stir in pears and walnuts.
6. Spoon batter into muffin tin wells that have been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Yield: 14 muffins