These are the ugliest cookies ever. There, I said it. But, boy are they tasty. If you are staying low carb with your food choices, these cookies are an amazing chocolate delight. They puff up in the oven and deflate as they cool leaving a treat that is reminiscent of a raisin. On the inside, however, they are chocolate bliss.
They are double chocolate, in fact. Inside, there is a chocolate batter loaded with chocolate morsels. That’s a huge win in my book. And remember, never judge a book by its cover. Ha ha! Seriously, these ugly treats are awesome!
I hope you are have a wonderful weekend!
3 cups granulated no calorie sweetener (sucralose/maltodextrine blend)
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped and melted (100 percent cacao, I used a Baker’s premium baking bar)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup extra dark chocolate baking chips (63 percent cacao, I used Guittard brand)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line cookie sheets with a silicone non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add no calorie sweetener, egg whites, salt, and mix on low until combined.
4. While running the mixer, add melted unsweetened chocolate and vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Stir in baking chips.
6. Using a spoon or cookie scoop, place approximately 2 tablespoons of batter on lined cookie sheet.These cookies will spread so allow 2 inches of space between each batter dollop.
7. Allow cookie batter to rest for 30 minutes before baking.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool and enjoy!