Hey fellow foodies! It’s Wednesday! Congrats on making it to the middle of the week. Sometimes, all joking aside, it can be a real challenge to make it to Wednesday. For me, that’s the day of the week where we typically have a lot going on and I’m just trying to keep up with everybody’s schedule.
However, I had a bit of downtime today and came up with three new recipes. Woo hoo! For this post, I want to show you how to make some super low carb skewers that are grilled. They are super flavorful and it actually takes longer to skewer them than to grill them. They have their own buttery sauce flavored with garlic and dill and the result is wonderful!
Check this out:
Doesn’t that look yummy?
1 pound smoked sausage
1 pound cooked and deveined shrimp
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
3 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
Chopped parsley (optional)
1. Soak bamboo skewers in water for thirty minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Old Bay seasoning, and 3 teaspoons garlic powder with a whisk.
3. Add shrimp and sausage and stir to coat. Skewer shrimp and sausage.
4. Preheat grill to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Grill skewers for about ten minutes flipping every two minutes. Remove from grill and top with chopped parsley, if desired.
6. In a small bowl, whisk butter, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, and dill weed. Serve with skewers. Enjoy!