Hey fellow foodies! I hope you are having a great weekend! Our Saturday is off to a great start. We had a nice lunch at a deli with some dear friends of ours. We really got the chance to sit down and have some nice conversation time. It’s so nice when you click with someone and they get you and vice versa.
We have spent a bunch of holidays with this family and our kids go to the same school. I am really blessed with a wonderful network of friends in my area that bless my life.
For lunch, I had a delicious 1/2 California club sandwich and some broccoli cheese soup. The sandwich had turkey, Swiss, and guacamole on it and it was a delicious combination. I need to remember that pairing and apply it to another recipe.
They usually have free soft serve ice cream but their machine was on the fritz (probably from overuse in this hot Texas heat). No worries because I made a delicious creamy low carb lemon cheesecake last night. Woo hoo! It has a tasty cashew crust and is a perfect dessert after my yummy lunch. Just look at the pictures. Doesn’t that look fun?
I hope you are enjoying your family and friends this weekend and staying cool!
1 1/4 cups lightly salted cashews (halves and pieces)
1/2 cup zero calories granulated sweetener (sucralose and maltodextrin blend)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup zero calories granulated sweetener (sucralose and maltodextrin blend)
4 large eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, chop and combine ingredients for crust. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan that has been sprayed with baking spray.
3. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 10 minutes.
4. For filling: in the bowl of a stand mixer, add cream cheese and sweetener and run on low. Mix until incorporated.
5. Add lemon zest and juice, vanilla, eggs, and sour cream. Mix until smooth. Scrape down sides with a spatula. Mix again until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into crust. Bake for 40 minutes.
Tip: add a pan full of water to the oven while cooking your cheesecake. The humidity created will keep your cheesecake from cracking.
7. Allow cheesecake to cool for ten minutes. It should pull away from the sides of the springform pan. Remove ring and allow cheesecake to come to room temperature.
Refrigerate for 4 hours until chilled. Serve and enjoy!