Here we are again. It’s Tuesday. The high temperature for me today is 98 degrees. I never thought I would be so excited for 98 degrees! The past few days the temperature has actually reached 112. I pretty much decided I was only going to leave home if the house caught on fire. Today is a different day though; I’m actually outside right now typing my blog. Baby bear is playing in his pool and I am sitting under an umbrella. It’s almost bearable.
For those of you who enjoy 70 degree weather right now, you are so lucky! Every summer, I say that I’m leaving Texas and moving somewhere where the temperatures are cooler, like Maine. I start looking at my realtor apps just to see how the other half live. I always realize quickly how good I have it. We have a nice home that doesn’t cost a fortune and our kids go to great schools. The heat of the summer doesn’t last forever and we are quickly approaching fall. I even noticed that my favorite arts and crafts store, Hobby Lobby, already has their Christmas decorations for sale! So, for another year, I will wait out the heat.
In celebration of the “cold front” that came in today, I actually turned on my oven. Woo hoo! I made this delightful bread with two bananas that had been calling to me for the past few days. A lot of my recipe inspiration comes from what I have out on my countertops. Today, I came up with this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread and it was every bit as good as you suspect. It’s a perfect breakfast or possibly even a dessert. Either way, it will make your mouth happy!
Have a good one!
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 9 x 5 inch bread loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Run on low speed until combined.
4. Add bananas, butter, eggs, and peanut butter. Mix on low until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon mixture into bread loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean when placed into the center of the bread.
7. Remove from heat and wait 10 minutes. Turn bread out on rack to finish cooling. Serve and enjoy!