Happy Friday, everyone! Fridays are the best. We always have Friday Family night at my house and I love it! Everybody relaxes and I usually create some meal that is out of the ordinary. We sometimes play board games or watch a fun movie. The kids are getting into suspense films. For a couple of months, we had meals from other cultures and we would learn about other places. We tried everything from falafel to lamb. It was really wonderful and we tried a bunch of new things and learned interesting tidbits of information. First of all, I found out that I really like music from Morocco. Secondly, I learned to cook with herbs like mint in savory dishes. These were two stand out jewels that I garnered from the experiences.
The best part, however, was spending time with my family and seeing them get excited about something new. Now, that I have you guys teaching me about all sorts of things from your travels and experiences, I may have to revisit our cultural family nights. I totally enjoy everything that my fellow bloggers post from photos, poetry, recipes, to vacations. You really inspire me to be more adventurous with my cooking and creativity in general.
Here’s a fun recipe inspired by blogging that started our day. I used white peaches with cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg to create s delightful little breakfast pastry. Everybody loved them and they were a perfect way to start the weekend.
1 sheet of puff pastry thawed (1/2 box of 17 ounce puff pastry)
1 peach ( I used a white peach)
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
3 drops vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut pastry into 9 squares and place on a baking sheet (11 x 7 inches) lined with a non-stick mat.
3. Remove the pit of the peach and cut peach into thin slices. You will need 18.
3. In a small microwaveable bowl, add mascarpone cheese. Microwave for twenty seconds. Add granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until mixed in.
4. Dip peach slices in mascarpone mixture and place two slices on each puff pastry square.
5. Bake on the middle rack for 18-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir until ingredients are incorporated. Drizzle over pastries. Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 9 pastries