Ever heard of Ritz Cracker Pie? It’s a really tasty pie that has Ritz crackers in it which are buttery, slightly salty and wonderful with just about everything.
Today, one of my grocery stores (Yes, I have more than one. I can’t commit to a favorite.) had a big box of Ritz crackers on sale for 98 cents! You could only buy two at that price but what a deal! My family usually uses them for peanut butter or French onion dip but I decided to take a different route and turn them into cookies inspired by Ritz Cracker Pie. This was one of my fond memories of my mom. She would make this delicious treat on special occasions and it had a traditional flaky pie crust filled with chocolate chips and salty sweet goodness. I loved it with whip cream on top.
These cookies inspired by that pie have peanut butter chips, cookie dough, Ritz crackers and have a bit of Hershey’s chocolate on top. The salty sweet combination is very tasty and I’m sure these won’t last long around here. Now that the kids are out for the summer, I’m sure they will disappear quite quickly.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons corn starch
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1/4 cup full fat cream cheese room temperature (not whipped)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanut Butter morsels
1 cup chopped Ritz crackers left in pea sized pieces
3 Hershey’s chocolate bars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl using a spoon, combine first five dry ingredients.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add in egg and vanilla and mix.
4. Stir in peanut butter morsels and cracker pieces.
5. Use a non-stick silicon mat or parchment paper to line an 11 x 7 inch baking sheet. Place three tablespoons of batter with two inches in between each. These cookies don’t spread a lot but it’s always good to leave space.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes and add chocolate to the surface of each cookie while gently pressing.
7. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy! These are great for anytime you want something a little different but very tasty.