Chicken is probably my favorite meat. I cook with it the most and I can think of more recipes for this particular meat. Don’t get me wrong; I will definitely be posting recipes of all sorts on here because I really like to try new things. I just have a fondness for chicken.
Since I am from Texas, I really need to share a barbecue recipe. However, I didn’t grill these thighs. I cooked them in the oven on a sheet pan. I know. I know. That’s very un-Texan of me. Sometimes, you just have to break stereotypes and just try something else.
Try these today for the holiday weekend! They won’t disappoint you.
3-4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
1 cup sweet barbecue sauce
1/2 cup honey mustard sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cover a 11 x 7 baking sheet pan with non-stick foil.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sweet barbecue sauce, honey mustard sauce, onion powder, garlic powder and honey. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Coat chicken in sauce and place on baking pan. Pour extra sauce over chicken.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Every minutes, use a spoon to baste chicken with pan sauce. Enjoy!