Have you tried cookie butter yet? It is also called Speculoos cookie butter. It is the consistency of peanut butter but tastes like spice cookies. It is amazing! I have wanted to try it in my recipes for a couple of years now but it just doesn’t last that long at my house.
I recently bought some and had to hide it just so it would still be there when I went to bake. Yes, it’s that good. School is almost out for the summer here and I wanted to use the cookie butter for an end of year treat. I needed to bake something that the kids could take in their lunches or they could grab as a snack.
I decided to make some cookie butter blondies with chocolate chips and pecans. I’m from Texas and we eat a lot of pecans. Back in 1919, somebody decided we needed a state nut and pecans were voted in. Yippee! I am so glad too because they are yummy! And when you combine them with chocolate in a cookie butter blondie, they knock your socks off!
Give them a try if you can get hold of some cookie butter long enough to bake with it. Lol!
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cups unsalted butter room temperature
1/2 cup cookie butter
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
1 cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line a 9 x 9 inch square baking pan with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper.
3. In a stand mixer, combine first four dry ingredients. Mix on low until combined.
4. Add butter, cookie butter, and eggs and mix on low until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate and pecans.
6. Place batter in prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool.
7. Lift out of pan with foil or parchment paper and cut into squares. Enjoy!