It’s Friday! Is anybody else happy about that? We have a full weekend planned so I needed to get this recipe completed today before things got too hectic.
I love blackberries but I really think we all need more recipes for this berry. So, I’m doing my part. This is a very tasty bread thanks to the addition of blackberry jelly combined with a cream cheese swirl with lemon bread. It is also very moist due to the vanilla yogurt. The overall combination is a wonderful flavor that really showcases the blackberry and puts it in the spotlight.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup vanilla yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons vanilla extract divided
1/3 cup vegetable oil
6 ounces full fat cream cheese room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup blackberry jelly
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a 9 x 5 inch bread loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
3. In a stand mixer, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. Mix on low until combined, about 30 seconds.
4. Add yogurt, 4 eggs, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and vegetable oil. Mix on low until all ingredients have been incorporated, about two minutes.
5. Pour have of the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Set the other half aside.
6. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and one egg. Stir until smooth, about three minutes.
7. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bread mixture. Don’t stir.
8. In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave jelly for 20-30 seconds until it becomes liquid. Drizzle in a swirling pattern over cream cheese layer.
9. Top with remaking bread mixture. Bake for 55-60 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes and then finish cooling on a cooling rack.
Optional: Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir to create a drizzle to drizzle on top of bread. Yummy!