Hi fellow foodies! I know it’s not Friday but is it too early for pizza? I hope not because this one is a winner! Are you trying to be healthy and control your carb intake? Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered too! (This one is for Julie who is a super inspiration to anyone trying to watch their carbs)
Chicken Bacon Ranch. That makes me hungry just typing those words. I love that combination whether it’s on a sandwich, pasta, or chip. I just realized all of those are really carby. Shame on me!
I want to show you two ways to have this pizza: one with food processor homemade pizza dough and a second version that gives you a 3 grams of carbohydrates alternative. They are both delicious and satisfying. Try one today (or both. I’m not judging).
1 tablespoon fast rise yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (not too hot or you’ll kill your yeast)
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil plus extra for pizzas
2/3 cup ranch dressing
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups cooked and chopped bacon
Extra Parmesan cheese for topping the pizza
Low carb option:
Low carb tortillas
For pizza dough:
1. Mix yeast, sugar, and water in a medium bowl. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a food processor, add yeast mixture, salt, flour, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Process on the shred/slice setting until a dough ball forms and ingredients are incorporated.
3. Remove dough and coat in oil. Place in a covered bowl and allow to rise for 1 1/2 hours in a warm place.
To create pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cut dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin and place on a baking sheet or pizza pan. You should have 4 personal 6 inch pizzas.
3. Brush on a light coat of olive oil on the pizza.
4. Top each pizza with 1/4 of the ingredients including ranch, chicken, mozzarella, spinach, bacon, and a bit of Parmesan.
5. Bake on the middle shelf for 15-20 minutes.
For low carb pizza:
1. Substitute low carb tortilla for pizza dough.
2. Brush on olive oil. Bake for 2-3 minutes.
3. Top each pizza with 1/4 of the ingredients including ranch, chicken, mozzarella, spinach, bacon, and a bit of Parmesan.
5. Bake on the middle shelf for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is slightly brownish around the edges. Enjoy!