These wonderful treats aren’t baked but I think you will enjoy them. These are the absolute easiest candies I have ever made. I didn’t need a candy thermometer or any knowledge of the “stages” of candy making. I didn’t have to worry about sugar burns or a big mess to clean. Best of all, I just dumped the majority of the ingredients into my 1.5 quart crockpot and let it go for about an hour. I came back (after I went shopping) and added the puffed rice cereal. I spooned the sweet, melty goodness into mini muffin tin liners and let them set for about an hour.
They came out great and they were delicious! The chocolate, butterscotch, nuts, and rice are similar to rice crispy treat bars that I had when I was a kid called Scotcheroos, hence the name. I hope they bring back a bit of nostalgia for you or introduce you to a wonderful classic flavor combination.
3/4 cup chocolate almond bark
11.5 ounce bag of semisweet chocolate chunks or morsels
11 ounce bag of butterscotch morsels
1 cup honey roasted peanuts
1 cup puffed rice cereal
You will also need:
24 mini muffin tin liners
1. Add all ingredients except rice to a 1.5 quart crockpot.
2. Turn temperature to the low setting and heat for 1 to 1.5 hours or until chocolate and butterscotch melts. Stir.
3. Add in 1 cup puffed rice cereal and stir until incorporated.
4. Add by the spoonfuls into mini muffin tin liners in a mini muffin tin. Make sure the candy mounds above the edge of the liners.
5. Set aside for an hour and allow candy to firm up. You can also refrigerate it for15 minutes to speed up the process.