These muffins are divine! I would never have guessed that they are gluten free if I didn’t make them myself. With shredded carrots, pineapple, and raisins, they are very flavorful and the pineapple cream cheese frosting just takes them out of this world! I could not stop eating them. Luckily, my family liked them as much as I do and they helped me eat them all.
2 cups gluten free flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup crushed pineapple
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup walnut pieces
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
3 1/2 to 4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a stand mixer, combine the first seven ingredients of the muffin batter.
3. While mixing, slowly add vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Stir in carrots, pineapple, raisins, and walnuts.
5. Spray mega muffin tin with non-stick baking spray. Pour batter into wells. You should be able to make 8 mega muffins.
6. Bake for 27 to 32 minutes. Cool.
7. For frosting, using a stand mixer combine butter and cream cheese. Mix until no lumps remain. Slowly add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple and powdered sugar. Mix until incorporated.
8. Pipe frosting on muffins and garnish with chopped walnuts. Enjoy! Yield: serves 8
Notes: Need dairy free too? For the frosting, just substitute vegan cream cheese and butter and now you have a gluten free, dairy free muffin with frosting.