What a pleasant surprise these bars turned out to be! I had some leftover ingredients from another recipe and I decided to create another orange recipe. I’m so glad that I did because these were really scrumptious and so moist.
They come together quickly and the ingredients are pantry staples like butter, eggs, and flour. You will also need one orange. It’s in the title so you probably guessed that one. There’s just something about recipes made with fresh fruit. The flavors are so much more intense. I’m a huge fan of cooking with fresh ingredients if possible. It does mean that I have to go to the store A LOT but it’s worth it!
But, hey, you can try it and decide for yourself. Here’s the recipe for you, fellow foodie:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1 tablespoon orange zest
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line an 8 x 8 inch metal pan or glass dish with foil. Spray with non-stick baking spray.
3. Using a mixer, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar.
4. While mixing, slowly add, eggs, 1/2 cup of butter, orange zest, and 4 tablespoons orange juice.
5. Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Allow bars to cool.
7. In a small bowl, make glaze by whisking sugar with juice. Add in butter and whisk until there are no more lumps.
8. Pour glaze over bars and allow it to set. Remove bars from foil and cut into rectangles. Enjoy!